Tuesday, March 14, 2006

 

A darkness descends upon the house

Ok, this is a quick one. When a light burns out, you replace it. If you don't have a bulb, you replace it in the next couple of days. Or, you ask if anyone does. You don't ignore it.

You don't rinse and repeat until there is one working lightbulb in the kitchen, and one in the living room, none in the stairwells. Maybe I'm insane. By the way, the reason all the bulbs are burnt out is a simple thing called Mean Time Between Failure or MTBF. If you leave a light on ALL the time, MTBF comes up pretty fast. So turn out the lights when you're not in the room. Wow, have I become my father so soon?

Oh, and for those wondering how I can say this without being hypocritical, I say to you: I just wanted to see how low they can go!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?