Wednesday, March 15, 2006

 

He must've smoked a bowl...

One fine, wintery day, I decide to emerge from my gopher hole and go forage for some food. As I enter the kitchen, I notice the oven on. This in itself is as much an oddity as a day without a "Your Mom" joke, given that I seem to be the only one who bakes, and the microwave is really faster for TV dinners. Anyway, I look in the oven, in case it was left on. Lo and behold, someone's cooking chicken strips. I'm impressed at the increase in culinary talent until I realize what they're being cooked in.

Now, a quick primer in dishes. Some dishes are oven safe (pyrex, metal pans, silicon). Some dishes are not (untempered glass).

Back to the story: the chicken strips are being cooked in a GLASS bowl. You know, the kind that breaks under drastic temperature changes. Quite likely the kind that does not have paint or lacquer that's safe for high-temperatures.

Some days I just don't understand how these peoples' minds work. On the other hand, maybe the fumes from the heated paint are what gave him such a damaged brain in the first place.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?