Saturday, July 08, 2006

 

Maybe I'm just fried?

Well, it's been a while. It's not that my roommates got smarter, it's just that there was nothing new. Well, until today.

So, if you notice on a bag of fries, it'll give you oven instructionss. In these instructions, it probably mentions something about putting the fries on a pan before you put them in the oven. And then it'll likely say something about flipping them halfway through.

Well, one of my roommates (my money is on the same guy who put the bowl in the oven, see the archives for a refresher) doesn't have the intellectual capacity to do one or both of the above. When I was preheating the oven today, to do some of my own cooking, my girlfriend mentioned smelling something burning. I shrugged it off - burning is a fairly common thing with me.

Anyway, I opened up the oven. There was a good two cups of (burned) fries on the bottom of the oven, in and around the burner. So I'm not sure which of the two steps the idiot couldn't handle. I'm going to guess, though, that it's the first one, since there wasn't a dirty pan lying around. Which leads me to wonder why he would just put the fries on the oven rack. It would take a long time. I suppose they'd be nice and crispy though.

Anyway, wtf?

Comments:
i had a roommate leave permanent burn marks on a nice baking sheet that i got as a christmas present...he was making frozen french fries. the directions state that you bake them for 7 minutes; flip them, then bake for 7 more minutes.

somewhere in the middle of those 14 minutes, he decided to take a nap. i came back to an apartment completely filled with smoke, and a baking sheet covered with black lumps of carbon. (it took 3 days of open windows in the middle of winter to get the smell to go away; i have no clue how he slept through that or the smoke alarm.) there weren't even any brown burned fries--they were completely black and charcoal-y. when i woke him up, and asked him if the oven was supposed to be on, he responded "wha-?", and then hid in his room so he could get out of cleaning things up. >_<
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?