Monday, March 27, 2006

 

Dishes != Garbage

This might be one of the worst things one of the roommates has done. About a month ago one of our stupid roommates, not sure who, wrote a note saying if people don't wash their dirty dishes he will throw them out. Now the problem with this is that the people that left dirty dishes on the counter may not be the same people that own the dishes, so it is unfair to throw them out. Leander then writes a note saying that if you throw out dishes you will have to replace them.

Fast forward about 2 weeks later, I am taking out the garbage in the middle of the night and notice a clanking sound. I realize there are dishes in the freaking garbage bag! I rip open the bottom of the bag and pulled out about 6 plates. I am absolutely livid at this point. I write a profanity laced note on the kitchen counter saying if anyone has a problem respecting property of others to come talk to me. No one comes to talk to me, so I ask everyone that lives here if they threw out the dishes. The culprit, being a little bitch and all, lied and said he didn't do it. So now we are left with a ripped bag of garbage on the front porch that may or may not still have dishes in it. It is completely unfair for anyone else to clean this up. I am not sure if there are any more dishes left in the bag even.

Comments:
That's pretty bad.. Though, I sorta can see who I'd be forced to start throwing dishes (that's not mine of course) out, if the housemates push me too far. Luckly, so far I've only felt the need to smash their private possesions into a million little pieces.. But only because they pushed me too far that I've snapped.
 
This reminds me of the situation with my roomate. She hasn't done her dishes in 3 and a half months. Yes... 3 and a half months. There is mold growing on them and they smell real bad.

About 5 months ago I decided to divide up the sink, left side is hers the right is mine. I wash my dishes regularly, I don't leave them dirty for more than 3 days because I feel bad. My roomate, doesn't like to do the dishes, so now all of the dishes (hers and mine) are dirty. I told her that she can either a. do the dishes, b. pay me to do the dishes or c. i'm thowing them out. (some of the dishes are hers and some are mine).

I think it's fair for me to throw out dirty dishes that haven't been washed for more than 3 months.
 
I've never shared an appartment, I'm affluent. This is enough to crush anyone's spirit. I'm amazed at the tremendous amount of energy to deal with idiots (self-involved idiots who cannot rent even a small flat by themselves). This stuff is really soul-breaking. Sharing your place. The horror. I guess I'm lucky.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?